UKC

Camping for Lower Sharpnose

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euan Todd 04 May 2018

Anyone got an recommendations for campsites around Lower Sharpnose?  Quiet, cheap and basic preferred.

Cheers,

Euan

Skip 04 May 2018
In reply to Euan Todd:

There is a really good cheap campsite at Stoke, just above Hartland Quay, about 30 minutes from Sharpnose. £7.50 pp per night.

http://www.westcountry-camping.uk/index.php

It is also very close to  Screda Point. There is a good pub at Hartland Quay and shops and other facilities in Hartland village only a couple of miles away.

Post edited at 18:26
 Paz 04 May 2018

The surfers' campsites are all a rip off.  Be discrete, use the allemansrätten and wild camp, just maybe not near the MOD.

Post edited at 19:19
 Cusco 04 May 2018
In reply to Paz:

GCHC 

Hugh Simons 08 May 2018
In reply to Skip:

Thanks for the recommendations. Camped at the campsite on Hartland on Sunday night (which was very nice!) as we climbed at Blackchurch the next day, but on the Saturday night we camped at Bryder Farm Campsite at Stibb since we were going back to Lower Sharpnose on Sunday. Would definitely recommend this campsite - £6 each per night, great toilet + shower block and only 10 minutes from Duckpool bay!

On another note, Lower Sharpnose is a brilliant crag! Amazing rock and long pumpy routes, definitely tired me out. Great weekend down there.

climbingpixie 08 May 2018
In reply to Hugh Simons:

I was about to recommend the Stibb site. Cheap, well equipped and very close to the Pizza Ape in Kilkhamptom, one of the finest pizzerias I've had the pleasure to visit. 

Jon Stewart 08 May 2018
In reply to climbingpixie:

> I was about to recommend the Stibb site. Cheap, well equipped and very close to the Pizza Ape in Kilkhamptom, one of the finest pizzerias I've had the pleasure to visit. 

I'm a fan of Stibb campsite, but you clearly haven't heard the sad news about Pizza Ape! It's no longer in the village, it's now just a mobile thing in the holiday park down the road and as such has lost its appeal. Eating the pizza in the car off cardboard, I wasn't actually sure if it was the same great pizza I used to get in the friendly cafe-style eatery. 

For this reason, I no longer climb at Lower Sharpnose.

Post edited at 14:52
 climbingpixie 08 May 2018
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Oh no! I'm so sad to hear that. I've just been pondering a return visit to the SW at some point but that's put me right off. 

CurlyStevo 10 May 2018
In reply to Euan Todd:

http://www.cerenetycampsite.co.uk/

Is pretty nice. You can make a camp fire too and not too far to walk in to town for a pint etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...