UKC

Best climbing malta/gozo with no abseil approach.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 06 May 2018

Morning. 

My partner is injured but has said she will still belay me for a couple of hours a day in exchange for me promising not to whinge at the thought of having to sunbathe or sit on a beach. But she cannot do heavy approaches or any sort of abseling/climbing back out. Though she could of course belay me from the top of a cliff if it's worth it.

So looking for the best the islands have to offer upto 7c+. Staying on gozo but will have a car. Extra points if it's somewhere pleasent that she won't actually mind spending time there. Might be able to get a bit more done then. 

I am a crap swimmer so all but the absolute safest DWS is a no go really. It would have to be above the calmest sea imaginable have less than 10m of swimming to get out! 

Also - I presume the guidebook is fairly easy to get on the island?

Cheers

Si

AP Melbourne 07 May 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Try checking out Stevie Haston, he's the local guru down there and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you with locations etc.

Cheers,

Andy P.

In reply to snoop6060:

When we visited, on the last day for a quick couple of routes we went to the Ic-Cnus slabs on Gozo. You’ll find it on this web site. You can belay from the car (literally).

Ic-Cnus Slabs

Grades from 4 to 7a+ and well bolted/lower offs

just out of interest, what did you think of climbing on Malta? We were over at Xmas, and wouldn’t go back. We usually go to places like Mallorca for winter sport. Did we just get the wrong impression?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...