UKC

Climbing/ Bouldering in China- Nanning City

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jol 09 May 2018

I am moving to China- Nanning City in the Guangxi region 

As I will be working in the city, I am interested in finding some indoor climbing/bouldering places.

So far I have found one place the 'Guangxi Sports Academy' but finding actual information on this is really difficult.

Does anyone know of any other places which might not be well known/recent startups within Nanning city?

also

Is there a solid climbing community which someone can direct me to for outdoor trips/general meetups?

Any info would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Jol

Martin Hore 09 May 2018
In reply to Jol:

Hi Jol

I expect you already know this but Nanning is not too far from Yangshuo which has one of the strongest climbing communities in an area with excellent sport climbing. We travelled quite easily from Yangshuo to Nanning in one day by public transport so with your own car it should be manageable for weekend trips I would think. Others will have greater knowledge of Yangshuo climbing.

Martin

OP Jol 09 May 2018
In reply to Martin Hore:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info, yeah I am aware of good places near Nanning, just trying to find local indoor places to see me through the working week.

But yeah I am planning on taking full advantage of the outdoor spots asap! 

In reply to Jol:

I am working in China at the moment, at the Boulder & Speed World Cups in Tai'an. When the CMA guys turn up tomorrow I will ask them if them if they know of any walls in Nanning or even a walls listing.

OP Jol 09 May 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

That would be really helpful, thanks so much

Jol

around 09 May 2018
In reply to Jol:

http://www.8264.com/ is the Chinese portal for outdoor sports. http://www.8264.com/panpa/list-0-0-450000-450100-1-1.html is the list of climbing walls they have registered for Nanning, and it doesn't look too promising...

In reply to around:

But remember that we are talking about China, that list might have been published yesterday and by tomorrow they will have built 3 Ratho's - this is the place where I failed a Speed wall for the World Record testing so they rebuilt it overnight, including re-doing the hold matrix. I was gob smacked.

(A 15 m high x 6 m wide wall with very strict tolerances.)

Sorry forgot the

Post edited at 14:35
 Bob Kemp 09 May 2018

They seem to build everything at the speed of light , e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/apr/30/china-build-57-storey-s... - and countless other examples. 

I am sure there is a downside...

OP Jol 09 May 2018
In reply to around:

Thanks around,

You already found much more than me!

Jol

OP Jol 09 May 2018

Yeah, I am hoping there will be some secret/brand new walls hidden in Nanning

Fingers crossed x100

Jol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...