UKC

Trad climbing in fort William

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 amatt 15 May 2018

Me and my girlfriend are staying in fort William from 4-10 of June and we'd really like to get out trad climbing. We're both really into climbing and bouldering and I have led a few routes before with other people, but that was a while ago. Would be really grateful if someone was willing to take us out on a few easy routes so we can get into the swing of it again. Will pay in beer! 

Pero 15 May 2018
In reply to amatt:

I thought "Read Climbing" is what you do when it's too wet to get out and do it?  Quite common around Fort William, I imagine.

Post edited at 17:52
 kwoods 15 May 2018
In reply to Pero:

> I thought "Read Climbing" is what you do when it's too wet to get out and do it?  Quite common around Fort William, I imagine.

LOL - not wholly wrong.

OP amatt 16 May 2018
In reply to Pero:

Hahaha its supposed to say trad climbing! But yes you're right. Bloody autocorrect...

oldie 16 May 2018
In reply to amatt:

Mind you the intriguing title probably draws attention to your post!

In reply to amatt:

I've updated the title.

Was wondering whether I was a spoilsport in doing so, but think it'll attract a few more comments from those in the know (i.e. in the know of trad, not reading...).

Good luck!

Post edited at 09:30
 Pero 16 May 2018
In reply to amatt:

> Me and my girlfriend are staying in fort William from 4-10 of June and we'd really like to get out trad climbing. We're both really into climbing and bouldering and I have led a few routes before with other people, but that was a while ago. Would be really grateful if someone was willing to take us out on a few easy routes so we can get into the swing of it again. Will pay in beer! 

There are lots of guides and rock climbing instructors in Fort William who do this for a living.  I suggest booking an instructor for a day or two.

An amateur climber isn't trained or qualified to take responsibility for you and your girlfriend.  You may find someone willing to do it for a beer, but you might gain a lot more from a day or two under professional guidance.

summo 16 May 2018
In reply to Pero:

>   You may find someone willing to do it for a beer, but you might gain a lot more from a day or two under professional guidance.

It is all down to the volume. A barrel a day will be close to the going rate. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...