UKC

VIDEO: La Cène du (Roi) Lézard, 9b, by Pirmin Bertle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 May 2018
Pirmin Bertle sticking the ~8A+ dyno which marks the end of the hard climbing on La Cène du Lézard, 9b, Jansegg, , 4 kbOn 1 Nov last year, Pirmin Bertle made the first ascent of La Cène du Lézard at Jansegg, Switzerland. He calls it his hardest to date and suggests 9b.

Read more
 GravitySucks 17 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Let me save you the trouble,   

The actual climbing starts about half way through this video after a rather badly lit and not very interesting piece to camera, followed by the most incredibly annoying editing style that repeats every move four/five/six times from differnt camera angles in chunks of two or three seconds. I lasted about a minute of this before binning it.

This may be the best route in the world but nothing would possess me to watch this film to find out!  1/10

jon 17 May 2018
In reply to GravitySucks:

Hmmm, I thought that apart from the rather pretentious first half the climbing footage was superb - especially the all points off dyno. I quite like the different angles. I was disappointed there was only the distant view of the very last section, though...

Dan Arkle 17 May 2018
In reply to jon:

from 4min10s    I'd give it 8/10.  

Lo-fi,  but in a good way, a bit jumpy, but edited well to a decent dance track.  Thanks for sharing it.

AndySL 17 May 2018

Yep. Incredibly annoying. I lasted a bit longer in the hope that they would stop but they didn't.

wbo 17 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:bit too much talk at the start but thought the climbing looked good and was well shot. Good editing to music too (and no folk music )

Robert Durran 17 May 2018

> The most incredibly annoying editing style that repeats every move four/five/six times from differnt camera angles in chunks of two or three seconds.

I really hate that kind of stuff, so watched it expecting the worst. Actually I thought the editing was fine - just briefly overlapping shots from different angles. A perfectly acceptable film.

Toccata 18 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Lots of negativity on here. Looks a stunning line on beautiful rock in an amazing location. Climbing looks impressive. Well done that man.

ericinbristol 18 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Definitely a bit lo fi but even so nice guy, okay chat, stunning location, beautiful route, clear info about how tough it is, nice tune with a theme that fits perfectly with the subject matter. As for the multi-angle repeats of the same move, that worked fine for me. 

Fakey Rocks 02 Jun 2018

I did skip the intro chat, but found the rest of it really enjoyable. I've no idea who the music is by but it sounds like it could be a Madonna b- side, and I quite like it, but don't really think its dance music as such, more chill out genre, but fits quite well, has a  nice rhythm to match the climbing. I like the film editing too, and the slow mo bits and repeats add value especially as they are from different angles, in fact that really makes it better as you see how steep many of these amazing hard routes are, and then seeing the snow line and realizing it must be quite high up a mountain you realise it's possibly a bit of a mission getting there too , ( but it could be ski lifts ! ). Panning out into the snowy valley was a nice way to end it.

Post edited at 22:27
 lithos 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Fakey Rocks:

music.  youtube.com/watch?v=6c-RbGZBnBI&

thought it was ok if a little overdone, i skipped the first 5 mins

Fakey Rocks 05 Jun 2018
In reply to lithos:

Thanks for the full music video link, weird, seems v reminiscent of being / like they are all k holed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...