UKC

Harness advice for thin & tall woman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tina Holt 18 May 2018

I am hoping someone can recommend me a harness with very small waist but lots of length (rise) between leg loops and waist.

I have a Petzl Corax XS but I've lost weight and at minimum 65cm/25.5inches, it is too baggy round the waist. Otherwise it was perfect. 

So I just need something similar with a smaller waist (say 60cm minimum). But of the XS harnesses that I've tried with a small waist, everything is far too short from waist to leg loops. Looks like I need a harness with very long rise.

Alternatively, I am wondering if any brands still sell waist and leg loops separately as a solution to this?

Thank you

In reply to Tina Holt:

In terms of rise/waist ratio, a women's-specific harness should give you more options. Petzl tend to be at the shorter end within women's harnesses so if you've tried their women's options, maybe try Black Diamond or Camp for a longer rise? Black Diamond XS waist is advertised as 61-69cm and they have quite a few women's models. I haven't used one personally but the Camp Supernova is well-reviewed and advertised as a 56-66cm waist in an XS.

pec 19 May 2018
In reply to Tina Holt:

My wife is 5'11" tall and has a 24" waist and she uses a Wild Country Flare harness in size Small though she has it as tight as it will go when only wearing a t shirt. Its also available in an extra small size.

https://www.bananafingers.co.uk/harnesses/wild-country/flare-womens

Obviously it can be purchased elsewhere.

OP Tina Holt 19 May 2018
In reply to Rebecca Ting - UKC and Rockfax:

Many thanks - I will try some of those on. Great to narrow it down to a more likely set of options.

OP Tina Holt 19 May 2018
In reply to pec:

Many thanks - that sounds very promising!

nniff 19 May 2018
In reply to Tina Holt:

Metolius Safetech has an adjustable raise which might suit.

As a significant added bonus, the full strength everything provides the opportunity to clip your partner into a gear loop on stances and thereby freak others out.  Not to be underestimated

Mr. Lee 20 May 2018
In reply to Tina Holt:

I've had a similar problem as a man when when in lean shape. Even considered getting a women's harness to get sufficient depth in the given waist measurement! Black Diamond seemed to be the best in this respect for men's sizes so maybe the same applies for women's?

JPE 20 May 2018
In reply to Tina Holt:

I have a similar issue. I think the harness I have is a Black Diamond Lotus (?) - it's quite old but it's red and purple and was the best fit I found! 

Alternatively, but expensively, my partner's Arcteryx one also fits.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...