UKC

Guernsey Guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timbers 22 May 2018

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know when the new Guernsey guide is due out please?

Cheers.

Toerag 23 May 2018
In reply to timbers:

It's already out - speak to user Jimaye_04 on here if you want a copy. Speak to either of us if you want advice on where to go and what to climb, or co-op from the locals eg. borrowing gear or boulder mats .

OP timbers 23 May 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Thank you!

I'll get in touch with him.

That's a really kind offer. I'm moving to Guernsey in the summer with the family, so I'm going to dust off the rack and get involved. The climbing looks immense.

I'll undoubtedly be taking you up on your offer in the forthcoming months.

Cheers.

In reply to timbers:

I have a copy of the book. It's an unusual guide for one that's published in 2018. There are no action shots and no maps, and many of the topos seem fairly difficult to use. There are quite a few things I'd have done differently if it were down to me - but it wasn't. On a practical level, it's an up to date list of all the routes on the island, and the first new guide for 30 years so it's long overdue, and kudos to James Burton for putting it together. As you're moving to Guernsey to live you'll have enough time to get used to it and find it useful. I don't think it's a guide that a visitor to the island with limited time could use with ease unless they had a local to help them. There's a climbing festival on Guernsey in August which will be a great way to introsuce yourself to the locals.

Toerag 24 May 2018
In reply to timbers:

Good stuff,  we'll be glad to get you out on the crags. Joining the GMC Facebook group is the first step,  we meet on Tuesday/Thursday nights and there will be no problem picking you up on the way to the crag

OP timbers 24 May 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Great, thanks for the info. Looking forward to the climbing there.

OP timbers 24 May 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Tremendous! Thanks again.

I'll be in touch when we're settled.

Cheers.

nigel baker 24 May 2018
In reply to timbers:

Hi there, it may be well getting a guide while the going is good as I think there were only 100 printed?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...