UKC

Glencoe Camping Kingshouse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dangerous Dave 23 May 2018

Morning folks,

Heading to Glencoe this weekend and usually wild camp at the Kingshouse. Is this still a decent option given the works going on? Someone told me there is still a pub open there but they were not sure?

Any other good spots?

Thanks

In reply to Dangerous Dave:

Anyone?

nuts and bolts 23 May 2018

Good wild camping sites in Glen Etive to left of the road. 

No idea if any facilities at Kingy yet but when I was skiing just after Easter it looked like they were down to the foundations. 

allanscott 23 May 2018
In reply to nuts and bolts:

Yeah. Building site at the moment. Looks like the building has been totally demolished which I dont think was the original plan was it?

DH3631 23 May 2018

There are currently no public facilities of any sort on the kingshouse site. As mentioned above, with the exception of the walls of the original "King's House" itself, the whole building was demolished a few months ago. There is now a roof back on the old KH bit, but it does not look likely that anything will be open for some time. Therefore, whilst you may still be able to camp in the vicinity, though maybe not just on the other side of the bridge, probably not a great option. If you are keen to camp near a pub, paying for a site at the Red Squirrel may currently be the best bet (or the ski centre if it shuts late enough for you). Otherwise, BYOB and take your pick....

Welsh Kate 23 May 2018

There was a little tented community there at the weekend when we drove through, but as others have said, no facilities and close to a building site. For a site with facilities, it's the ski centre or the dead squirrel, or Invercoe for a more up-market experience.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...