UKC

NEWS: First Ascent of Ali Bomaye 8c by Ellis Butler-Barker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 May 2018
Following a two-year break from climbing, Ellis Butler Barker has returned to form with a first ascent on a long-standing project at Anstey's Cove, which he has named Ali Bomaye and graded 8c after coming to a consensus with other climbers.

Read more
 Wft 23 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

hard hard hard, well done Ellis and great vid 

teddy 23 May 2018

Big props to Ellis for opening this one, a major step forward for climbing at the Cove

Kafoozalem 23 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome - well done Ellis. Sorry, you just missed the deadline for the guide. It is winging its way to the printers as I speak.

Cusco 23 May 2018
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Well done Ellis.  A full vid and in daytime as evidence for the critics. Just needs some others to RP and confirm and settle the grade. 

So (from the vid and foreshortening) is it Cider Soak to the shake out then out left and up to the chains of Fisherman's?

Does that still leave Project 37, Project 38 (full height from ground not from up La Creme), Ferocity free (39) and Project 44 from Nick White's guide as the obvious (and final) challenges still left on the wall?

DannyC 24 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Christ the man climbs fast!

I've taken longer to fumble the rope into a draw...

Well done. D.

Southvillain 24 May 2018
In reply to DannyC:

My thoughts exactly! A two year break, then he breezes up the route like it's a training run. Grrrr.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...