UKC

Crag recommendations -Lake District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jj-1992 23 May 2018

Hi

After some recommendations for some crags to climb at in the lakes on Friday/Monday. Preferably, Easy to get too, Single pitch, Sport preferabily but Trad would be ok too. Lots of low grade climbs upto 5c/6a.

Edit - I'm staying in the Kewsick area so around there.

Cheers

Post edited at 18:42
 sbc23 23 May 2018
In reply to jj-1992:

Bram crag quarry for sport.

Loads of trad. Shepherds and the others down Borrowdale or Castle Rock south round the corner.

Ratfeeder 23 May 2018
In reply to jj-1992:

Bram Crag (sport), as already mentioned.

Hodge Close Quarry (mix of sport & trad.).

Cathedral Quarry (mix of sport & trad.).

Reecastle Crag, Borrowdale (trad. HVS - E7).

Rog Wilko 23 May 2018
In reply to jj-1992:

Sport climbing in the Lakes is virtually non-existent. 

tmawer 24 May 2018
In reply to jj-1992:

Some sport routes in Dalt quarry in Borrowdale, which are theoretically at those grades....but I don't believe them! Also be aware that the the sport routes at Bram feel more like bolted trad climbs and require a bit more working out of the line than many sport routes.....very good though. As Roger says, The Lakes really comes into its own for trad, and there are plenty of good routes to go at in the lower grades if you have access to a guide.

Will Hunt 24 May 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Except Bram Crag, Chapel Head Scar, St Bees etc.

Angry old man 24 May 2018

In rxeply to jj-1992:

Avoid Dalt quarry it is awfull. Just look at the comments about it.

bram is great but often busy

John Kelly 25 May 2018
In reply to Angry old man:

Bram crag - been twice, rock fall on both occasions, caused by sheep wandering in the scree above, is that common?

Post edited at 07:01
J1234 25 May 2018
In reply to jj-1992:

The Lakes is really about Trad climbing and there is loads of easy stuff in the area.
However you seem keen on sports climbing which is not really the Lakes forte. I would suggest its worth zipping an hour down the motorway to Yorkshire to Giggleswick or Robin Proctors, much nicer on a sunny day than a Lakeland quarry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...