UKC

Fontainebleau problems shltered (or part) from th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Any suggestions of problems (7a-7b) that are over hanging enough to dodge this weeks forecast rain? So far i've got 'Air Sweden' to work the dyno part.........

Stevie.Toft 25 May 2018
In reply to Steve Halfpenny:

Climbing on wet is a no go.. Wait for it to dry! 

In reply to Stevie.Toft:

That’s obvious but I think you missed the point of my question. If it’s sheltered then the rock won’t be wet eg Wrights Rock, The P, The Tor all climbable in showers on dry rock. 

Adrien 26 May 2018

All roofs will have seepage and will be dripping eventually (including the Air Sweden roof) though it takes longer for some than others. You could try Le Plafond and Behemoth at Dame Jouanne but there's no guarantee it will be dry. If it's stormy but super windy and you're on an exposed hilltop it occasionnally dries fast enough to climb between wet spells...

Stevie.Toft 26 May 2018

I didn't miss your point. 

Fontainebleau has very little to offer in the way of steeper ground. You will find no edges like that of churnet or the Tor. It doesn't take much for the boulders to become damp and due to round nature of the blocs run of is common,

The rock dries relatively quickly if there is a nice breeze. Wait it out/save skin and you will be rewarded with a better day. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...