UKC

Conditions at Bowles Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kendogcatchy 31 May 2018

Evening all

anyone know how Bowles is looking: any rain in the last few days? Hoping to get some climbing on Saturday, but weather and green rock is a worry. 

Thanks

Bergen1backer 01 Jun 2018
In reply to kendogcatchy:

I'm about 20 miles north of Bowles and it's pissed it down all week, so I doubt Bowles has escaped the downpour. Although no rain yesterday or so far today. 

Trangia 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Bergen1backer:

> I'm about 20 miles north of Bowles and it's pissed it down all week, so I doubt Bowles has escaped the downpour. Although no rain yesterday or so far today. 

Agreed. I live about 30 miles south of Bowles and we've had intermittent rain all week - very heavy yesterday, and very high humidity, and a lot of mist. Even if we get a dry day today, I'd be surprised if the rock will have dried enough not to risk damage if the OP climbs on it tomorrow. The same goes for most of SS.

You do see some people still climbing on it in these conditions - very selfish.

Post edited at 08:34
OP kendogcatchy 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

Thanks. I’m in Surrey and was allowing myself to be deluded enough to hope the weather might be magically better across the county line. 

Guess im going to the pub tomorrow then...

yoshi.h 02 Jun 2018

Did anyone end up going to the Eridge/Harrison's/Bowles area this weekend?

If so how were conditions?

Post edited at 20:55
 Robin Mazinke 03 Jun 2018

Fine at Harrison's Saturday in open areas such as Unclimbed area, suspect that Bowles would mostly be ok.  Both sunny and breezy today.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...