UKC

NEWS: Yet Another Nose Speed Record by Honnold & Caldwell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jun 2018
That's right - they've done it again! Alex Honnold and Tommy Caldwell have set yet another speed record on The Nose of El Capitan, with a time of 2 hours, 1 minute and 50 seconds (2:01:50), just five days after they set a time of 2:10:15. That's 880m (2,900ft) climbed in just over 2 hours!

Read more
 Michael Hood 05 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like they don't need to push any harder (and up the risk) to get sub 2. Just keep doing it like that until they get the perfect run.

Post edited at 10:04
 sbc23 05 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like they don't need to do it at all now really, other than to satisfy a happy ending to a big budget documentary. Any glory/celebration must be tempered somewhat by the recent accident. 

I guess once someone/they get sub 2 hours, the incentive to go any faster will be at lot lower. 

USBRIT 06 Jun 2018
In reply to sbc23:

and Hans Florine watching with a couple of broken legs from a similar escapade on the Nose a few week ago.

olddirtydoggy 06 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

I thought it was the same news story at first. Kind of is in a way.

Derry 06 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

early reports I'm hearing that they've now done it in 1:58, (from someone who is there, so not officially confirmed by Guinness World Records yet)

Michael Hood 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Derry:

Why does it need to be confirmed by GWR ffs?

Derry 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Michael Hood:

sarcasm. lost

Mr. Lee 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Derry:

> so not officially confirmed by Guinness World Records yet

Don't you need to do it with an egg balanced on your head, or something equally daft for a Guinness World Record? Or in banana suits for example.

Michael Hood 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Derry:

Sorry, I normally spot sarcasm and irony. Maybe I was being American.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...