UKC

Come on Mr moon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 string arms 05 Jun 2018

Your brushes are totally useless! I used one down at porth ysgo today and it was just as if I was rubbing a wooden stick against the rock. Oh and another thing, what is the point of having some soft bristles tickling your hand at the same time?. Some weird fetish? 

As it happens I tried turning it around and it worked much better. Perhaps in future you may consider an informative picture ? It would certainly have helped me. 

Alex Riley 05 Jun 2018
In reply to string arms:

They are really bad...

Ben_Climber 06 Jun 2018
In reply to string arms:

Agree, not a big fan.

They also sell a Pamo branded brush on the website for £24....

Or an extendable version for £84! 

What happened to the second hand toothbrush?

AlanLittle 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Ben_Climber:

> What happened to the second hand toothbrush?

As I understand it, we discovered that synthetic bristles are too abrasive and damage the rock, and natural bristles damage the rock less. Which, if correct,  would seem like a genuine improvement.

(Not defending the 84 quid part)

Ben_Climber 06 Jun 2018
In reply to string arms:

Agreed.

I also use wooden boar hair brushes but I am astounded buy the price of some of the products knocking about!

Urban5teve 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Do you have a link to said brush. please?

Urban5teve 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Ah, thanks. 

Have you seen the Silly Goat brushes. Look great but pricey! 

Urban5teve 12 Jun 2018
In reply to Urban5teve:

I actually got one of the Silly Goat brushes, the smaller Jack The Lad, and it's pretty rad.

Hand made to a high standard using Oak and Boar's hair. Each one is numbered and logged and can be refurbished when the bristles have worn down. 

And the pièce de résistance, it removes the excess chalk from both plastic and rock. 

Yes, pricey but totally worth it. Check them out on Insta @sillygoatholds

deepsoup 12 Jun 2018
In reply to Urban5teve:

Whoa!  A single brush that works on both plastic *and* rock!?  Rad indeed.

Urban5teve 12 Jun 2018
In reply to deepsoup:

Yes mate, unlike the Moon trash.

GravitySucks 12 Jun 2018
In reply to Urban5teve:

Hey, I've just found a brush the does both rock and plastic and ..... teeth!  all for 99p awesome !!

Durbs 12 Jun 2018
In reply to string arms:

If we're talking about Gucci brushes, Faza brushes are pretty bling: http://fazabrushes.com/

Michael Hood 12 Jun 2018
In reply to GravitySucks:

> Hey, I've just found a brush the does both rock and plastic and ..... teeth!  all for 99p awesome !!

One better, I just found a cheap brush that'll do all that and I can use it to clean the loo as well - wicked

Post edited at 17:47
 paul mitchell 16 Jun 2018
In reply to string arms:

I contacted Ben about the  animal hair in the brushes.He says leather and eating meat and animal products are o.k. On the more realistic side, you can get  denture brushes very cheaply and they are very effective. If u think nylon bristles harm the rock,then a bit of rag from an old towel,loaded with chalk,also does a very good job.Even cheaper!

Post edited at 12:46

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...