UKC

Breakfast options Langdale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 13 Jun 2018

Does anyone know of anywhere in Langdale doing breakfasts at sensible starting time ? Saturday and Sunday.  Its been a while since I've been but remember everywhere starting to serve halfway through the morning last time I looked ! cheers

Fiona Reid 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

The ODG claims to serve breakfast to non residents from 8:30-9:30am, see http://www.odg.co.uk/hotel-information/

The New Dungeon Ghyll does breakfast from 8-9:30am, see: https://www.dungeon-ghyll.co.uk/dining.php

The NTS campsite at Great Langdale also do bacon baguettes, veggie baguettes and coffee etc. 

Another option might be the YHA's in Langdale or Windermere depending on where you're staying. I'm not sure if you can have breakfast there as a non resident but they definitely start serving early and the breakfasts were pretty decent last time we stayed there. 

Chris the Tall 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Cafe in Elterwater (opposite the Britannia) and Brambles in Chapel Stile (above the coop). Suspect the Sticklebarn will do a good breakfast too. No idea what time they open, as I'm always self-catering when I'm up there, and not an early riser at the best of times, but certainly not when I've been drinking in the Britannia, which is usually the case ! 

OP GrahamD 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Thanks Fiona, I'm guessing looking at that that these are seasonal - it was winter last time I tried.

OP GrahamD 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Thanks Chris, I tried Brambles last year and despite being first through the door it was sloooow.  Not tried Elterwater.

Toccata 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

NDG is not a breakfast for the hungry.

plyometrics 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Chesters at Skelwith Bridge is superb. 

OP GrahamD 13 Jun 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

> Chesters at Skelwith Bridge is superb. 

Not had breakfast there, I didn't think it opened particularly early ?

OP GrahamD 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Toccata:

> NDG is not a breakfast for the hungry.

good to know !

plyometrics 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Opens at 9am, so not massively early, but equally not mid morning. 

If you’re after a meat fest don’t bother, as it’s veggie, but don’t let that put you off. 

Quality and variety of food is superb. 

John Kelly 13 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Langdale campsite 8 - 10am

Post edited at 16:37
 The New NickB 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Toccata:

> NDG is not a breakfast for the hungry.

Couple of years since I have stayed there, but I always remember it being perfectly adequate.

Toccata 13 Jun 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

> Couple of years since I have stayed there, but I always remember it being perfectly adequate.

“Miserly” was the consensus in Feb this year.

OP GrahamD 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Toccata:

Not going to risk 'miserly' !

scoobydougan 14 Jun 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

If 9.00am isn't late for breakfast I don't know what is, plus Chester's is a tourist sh*t hole.

mutt 15 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

wouldn't it be better to pack some muesli? muesli works from about 4 am.

OP GrahamD 15 Jun 2018
In reply to mutt:

> wouldn't it be better to pack some muesli? muesli works from about 4 am.

If you're a rabbit, I'd agree 

I've got stuff for a brew and a tin of sausage and beans if the cafe option goes west.

OP GrahamD 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Plumped for NDG as the Sunday 08.00 start was appealing.  Breakfast not huge (as expected), but adequate given how much activity was possible over the weekend.

Fiona Reid 18 Jun 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Thanks for the update and bad luck with the weather.  We got soaked to the skin 2/3 days in the NW Highlands so getting back to the car dry yesterday was somewhat of a novelty! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...