UKC

Top anchor chains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Williams 13 Jun 2018

Need to get some top anchor chains (to be bolted through a square section beam) for our Scout climbing wall...don't seem to be a lot of suppliers out there, any suggestions?

Cheers.

Toerag 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Neil Williams:

Boltproducts?

cojoh 13 Jun 2018

Ring me on 07802 706826 Ex Scout leader/ Climbing Wall manufacturer. I have some unused old stock.

best wishes,

Colin

jimtitt 13 Jun 2018

There´s probably about 20 suppliers of top anchors in Europe but like Toerag says I´m probably the first port of call because we make an enormous range and anything custom you can think of, today was a load of special top sets for Albania and in the morning a load for Sweden.

Just mail me at sales @ bolt-products.com

Paz 13 Jun 2018

A possible alternative - if it's just for top roping, nearly 20 years ago Plas y Brenin's wall just had a sturdy smooth cylindrical metal bar bolted horizontally at the top of the routes.  To top rope you could just pass the rope over the bar, and even increase the friction for heavier climbers and lighter belayers with more turns.  I don't know if putting more turns in twists the rope over time.

This isn't just yet another of my mad ideas - an instructor there emonstrated it to myself and others on an SPA course. 

OP Neil Williams 14 Jun 2018

Cheers all.

Toerag 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Paz:

We had this at one of the old walls here too. Only downside is the risk of idiots running ropes over each other. Alternatively attach a maillon to it with a sling.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...