UKC

Lightweight Paramo waterproof Summer jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 16 Jun 2018

I have been considering the Paramo Bantu Waterproof/Fleece Combo which is very light, but I am concerned as to how robust it will prove in practice.

Has anyone got one? Any comments for or against?

I am already a Paramo fan and have an excellent Analogy Winter jacket, but it's too hot for summer use.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Clauso 16 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

I have a Bentu windproof/fleece combo, and I'm very pleased with it. I wore it on the Pennine Way recently - the fleece mainly - and it was great. In fact, I've just bought another fleece, in a different colour.

Chris Townsend is a fan also:

"Separately both garments work well. The Windproof gives a bit more protection than most alternatives and the fleece is fast wicking and comfortable. How well do they work together? On a day of frequent heavy showers of rain, sleet, wet snow and hail I found the combination excellent. I stayed dry and comfortable – not too cold, not too hot. And as usual with Paramo when the performance declines both garments can be reproofed."

https://www.tgomagazine.co.uk/gear-editors-column/paramo-bentu-windproof-fl...

Another one to consider is the Paramo Enduro windproof/fleece combo, as the fleece also has a hood and the windproof offers better ventilation options.

Jim Hamilton 16 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

I also considered that, although without their expensive fleece.  The Paramo salesperson put me off by saying the combination wouldn't be as breathable (and presumably as waterproof) as say the Velez. I bought a lightweight Goretex instead.   

Ridge 18 Jun 2018
In reply to carr0t:

Thanks for the link, might get one of those to carry when running.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...