UKC

MSR tour 2 leaking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ollyrowe 20 Jun 2018

Hi.  I'm after some advice on a tent that I brought earlier this year.  I'm leaving on an 18  month cycle tour from the UK to NZ at the start of August this year.  In January this year we spent a lot of money on a tent, as we're going to spending a lot of time in it and need to rely on it in testing weather.  We decided on the MSR Tour 2 (https://www.msrgear.com/hubba-tour-2), designed specifically for cycle touring.

When it arrived, we put it up and were very impressed, it is very easy to put up and very spacious for all our bike gear.  Over the past couple of months we have tested it properly, in UK wind/rain etc.  We've discovered that it leaks, firstly the inner and the flysheet are pitched so close together that they touch, no matter how it is pitched, so water drips in to the sleeping area. And secondly the seems of the vestibule leak, which seeps into the inner.  Other people seem to be experiencing these issues (https://www.garrymcgivern.com/msr-hubba-tour-2-leaks/)

It's now been 6 months since I purchased it, and I want to send it back, the tent is in immaculate condition, apart from the fire safety information label which I cut off.  Is the onus on MSR or the online shop that I purchased it from to sort this?

Post edited at 10:50
 leon 1 20 Jun 2018
In reply to ollyrowe: Your contract of sale is with the shop you bought it from. Its entirely up to them to sort this matter for you.

Guy 20 Jun 2018
In reply to ollyrowe:

Thanks for the heads up, I was about to pull the trigger and buy a Tour 3 because the layout looked perfect.  A leaking tent would be useless for UK camping!  

OP ollyrowe 20 Jun 2018
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks this is what I've now done, they have said they will - "perform some tests of the production and material to consider whether this defect falls within the warranty or not".

Guy - hopefully they will sort out these issues because the layout of the tent is really great!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...