UKC

Wishlist map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ollie1 28 Jun 2018

I think it would be a good idea to be able to see the climbs on your wishlist on a map.

Shouldn't be too hard for UKC to do.

I mentioned it to them a long time ago and they said they would add it to the to do list.

Maybe if there's a wider appetite they'll bump it up the list.

tjekel 28 Jun 2018
In reply to ollie1:

Actually, I'd be very happy to see a map approach much wider used - for example, as an individual map of the logbooks for example. A wishlist map would be one more wish in that regard.

Simon Caldwell 28 Jun 2018
In reply to ollie1:

I'd sooner they gave us back the OS maps on the UKH route logging pages...

Jon Read 29 Jun 2018
In reply to ollie1:

This something I've wanted quite often. No easy way to identify members of your life list near a particular location you are visiting.

In reply to ollie1:

Mountain Project have a cool mapping thing that marks all the locations you’ve ticked climbs. I always enjoy adding to my little climbing map. It’s a shame not many UK routes are on there, but I guess it is based stateside. Perhaps UKC could do something similar with one colour marking where you have climbed and another colour marking where you’d like to?

tjekel 29 Jun 2018
In reply to ollie1:

When we are at it - and not directly to do with maps, but areas you've climbed in - when you go to graphs, and select crags - you get 15 of these. I'd love to have an option to get the full list. Not per default, but as an extra.

tjekel 02 Jul 2018
In reply to tjekel:

You might even link quantity of routes done to map representation. Would probably develop a completely new picture of climbing activity if done collectively, and lots of open space for explorers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...