UKC

Comes the Dervish polish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mantelself 29 Jun 2018

I'm putting together a ticklist for a friend who will be visiting the UK for a short time at the end of the Summer. I thought CTD would be a must have for him but on taking a gander at the logbook I see some people have remarked upon its polished state. Is it really that bad(?) or just "ya know, welsh slate!". I've not been on it for 20 years or so. If someone has done it way back and recently I'd like to get an idea of what they think.

jezb1 29 Jun 2018
In reply to mantelself:

The starts pretty polished but don’t think it particularly detracts from the route.

LastBoyScout 29 Jun 2018
In reply to mantelself:

The worst bit of CTD is still getting to the start of it :-D

mantelself 30 Jun 2018
In reply to LastBoyScout:

this is no way to talk about Wales... If you keep your head low and don't make eye contact they will sell you the same baps as the locals after a decade or so

Alkis 30 Jun 2018
In reply to mantelself:

It is very polished and it is very good still, just harder than it would have been without the polish. To me, at least, it did not feel like the kind of polish that ruins a route.

LastBoyScout 30 Jun 2018
In reply to mantelself:

You know I meant the bad step across the quarry.

Incidentally, though, a friend of mine moved to Llanrwst and got pretty fed up with the bricks thrown through his front window.

JackM92 30 Jun 2018
In reply to mantelself:

Personally I found the start by far the crux. And thought Pull My Daisy was a better route anyway, although CTD is still brilliant.

Tigger 01 Jul 2018
In reply to mantelself:

The polish is there but doesn't detract from the route in my opinion, as long as your freind is aware that the first good nut is at about 7? meters. A proper hidden gem of a line on slate is Lethal Injection at E2/3

Post edited at 20:05
 ashtond6 02 Jul 2018
In reply to JackM92:

I thought pmd was crap and ctd was miles better

Imo pmd  is a boulder problem followed by a ramble 

In reply to mantelself:

Damned Europeans coming over here and making all our routes Polish. Will all be sorted once Brexit happens......

mantelself 02 Jul 2018
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

nah he's American, I'm going to point him at something slatey with bolts or a rusty spike too so that he can become accustomed to the idea of "sportingly bolted" and mess with his ideas of equipped routes. He's a good mate but has a really well defined "comfort zone"....... which ofc I like to f' with

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...