UKC

SHOW REPORT: OutDoor 2018 - Clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 02 Jul 2018
OutDoor 2018 - Clothing, 4 kbThe UKC/UKH team have just returned from the final OutDoor show at Friedrichshafen. We saw hundreds of innovative, colourful and exciting new products and in this roundup you can see some of the best products in the clothing category:

Read more
 More-On 02 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I haven't been able to watch the Rab Kinetic video yet, but I assume it's an update of their own jacket and not 'a Montane classic'... 

AlH 02 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Thanks for these round ups.

Did anybody have anything that wasn't 'lightweight'? Anyone pushing 'hard wearing and durability' or, dare i say it 'heavy duty'? In usual British conditions I struggle to get more than a season out of anything! The Tupilak is the closest but Paclite is not exactly durable especially on chest panels. I'd sacrifice a little weight and even breathability for a little tougher and longer life.

Oh and I think the blurb on the Minimus is just repeated under the Kinetic video.

Great to see Rachael C on the team!

In reply to More-On:

Just had that brought to my attention, Nick is now aware and will be updating ASAP.

In reply to AlH:

> Did anybody have anything that wasn't 'lightweight'? Anyone pushing 'hard wearing and durability' or, dare i say it 'heavy duty'? In usual British conditions I struggle to get more than a season out of anything! The Tupilak is the closest but Paclite is not exactly durable especially on chest panels. I'd sacrifice a little weight and even breathability for a little tougher and longer life.

OutDoor is definitely a summer show, so tends to feature kit at the lighter end of the spectrum. That said, I can see where you're coming from and am inclined to agree - most of us want an all-rounder that's a reasonable weight and pretty hard wearing. The same goes with rock shoes, as the models being released these days are getting softer and softer, whereas in my experience most of us just want a reasonably stiff + solid shoe will do us for either trad and sport (bouldering is a bit different).

> Oh and I think the blurb on the Minimus is just repeated under the Kinetic video.

As per the message above, I'm not sure exactly what's happened there, but Nick is going to get it sorted later this afternoon.

> Great to see Rachael C on the team!

I couldn't agree more, she's done a great job interviewing and has really livened up the videos.

More-On 02 Jul 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Cheers. I look forward to watching these when I'm not at work!

Post edited at 12:58
 AlH 02 Jul 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Cheers for the reply Rob and see the point about this being summer biased. Will be interested to see at what point there is a swing away from 'alpine', 'lite', 'guide', 'pro' kit which is about as robust as a used teabag to something a bit more robust

RC could liven up a powerpoint presentation of graphs at a meeting of tax lawyers at an annual meeting to review accounts held in a darkened room simply with her wardrobe... and a large hood!

rachcrewe 06 Jul 2018
In reply to AlH:

Thanks AlH. I am known for liking a big hood. And proper sized pockets. No lipbalm pockets here thank you very much.

Glad you liked the videos. I think I was the most excited person at OutDoor. Did you see the Edelrid Gigajul in the climbing hardware section?

Agree about lightweight, hopefully ISPO will showcase some winter stuff that lasts more than ten minutes. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...