UKC

I’m a fly on the wall at Chequers...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 06 Jul 2018

What will I see this Friday?

Post edited at 00:15
 The Lemming 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

A lot of shit

Andy Hardy 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

You'll have no problems with take off, there'll be a really strong thermal developing right above the cabinet meeting.

DerwentDiluted 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

The Boer war memorial on Coombe Hill.

At least I'd try to see this rather than the unfolding debacle behind me that passes for strong and stable government.

But I'd see it all.

Damn these compound eyes.

Rob Exile Ward 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

The outcome of today's meeting could be the start of a process that leads to another general election. I can't see how Gove, Johnson and Fox can sign up for ANY sensible proposal; and if they walk, what happens then? May has no authority left.

It could be the dawn of a new rationality if only that sh*t Corbyn wasn't in situ...

Rampikino 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

Dammit, I thought this was about to be a nice Froggatt thread...

In reply to pasbury:

Temperatures are going to go yet higher this weekend, as a result of all the hot air being generated at Chequers.  If we could build power stations that ran on bullshit, we'd have no energy worries for many years to come.

T.

Post edited at 09:24

If you were a shit-eating fly you'd see a 15 course banquet.

RomTheBear 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

From what we have seen of the leaked plan, it looks like May's plan is to compromise of everything - and essentially give up sovereignty and influence on large parts of the economy, except on ending freedom of movement, which of course is the costliest thing to not compromise on

All of this just too keep Jonny foreigner out.

Despicable, frankly. 

Post edited at 11:26
 J Brown 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

It'll be interesting to see if Gove, Boris et al have the guts to really 'hold the gun' to May's head (by resigning, or threatening to do so) - knowing that it's possible that going to the country could actually leave the Tories in an even weaker situation, in terms of number in Parliament.

Omnishambles?! 

spartacus 06 Jul 2018
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

It’s not easy being a fly at Chequers. There’s no water round here as it’s the Chilterns and the nearest is some springs about 2 miles away. So a can’t spit on stuff and hoover it up. Plenty of cow shit outside (and bullshit inside). I’m heading for the latrines so I can get a drink.... hang on a minute, the PM’s coming in.....aarrr I’ve been jetwashed into the pan.  

cander 06 Jul 2018
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

As a Tory, I’m hoping to see a collapse of the government, May really isn’t up to the job, she’s very good at the politicking (I.e. actually getting the job as PM) but she’s incapable of actually getting anything done - the Peter principal applies here. However the timing is excruciating either for electing a new Party leader or for a general election - she has failed so badly it’s mind boggling. I’d love to see Jezza in charge of the Brexit negotiations - talk about the band playing whilst the ship goes down. Talking about a ship I think we should all get on one and head off for Australia and see if they’ll let us in.

David Riley 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

Due diligence being seen to be done before leaving without a deal.
Unanimous agreement that the EU were never expected to allow anything that was more acceptable than the membership we have rejected.

Planes will not fall out of the sky anymore than they did with the millennium bug and the EU is much more likely to make deals after we've left than now.

FactorXXX 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

> What will I see this Friday?

Wimbledon? 

pasbury 06 Jul 2018
In reply to David Riley:

You’re funny.

George Ormerod 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

Mmmm, Fudge.  Yum.

George Ormerod 06 Jul 2018
In reply to David Riley:

You need to get on the blower to Theresa  then, because it's obvious that HMG think that any deal is better than no deal.

In reply to pasbury:

You should be a Bluebottle on the wall - then you could join  the rest of the Goon show

In reply to David Riley:

> Planes will not fall out of the sky anymore than they did with the millennium bug

Well at least fewer bound for the US will fall out of the sky because fewer will even take off - I take it you do know about the US-EU Open Skies Agreement which will cease after Brexit. 

pasbury 06 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I can report back, it seems I’m not the only one to have eaten shit today!

kevin stephens 07 Jul 2018
In reply to pasbury:could it be that May has played a blinder? Using brinkmanship and threat of sacking (taxis on standby) to force a cabinet vote for the softest possible Brexit, customs union in all but name?  With a very short time before ratification by the EU. Isolating hard Brexiters on threat of an election at a time when voices of industry and CBI are louder showing Farage etc to be ignorant. Also forcing Labour onto the back foot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...