UKC

Mausoleum, Carn Gowla

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

For those who are interested, I spent a happy couple of hours on Sunday cleaning and excavating this fabulous route on America Buttress, before having a lovely time climbing it. It's now in the best condition it's been in for years and you really should go and do it. Two stakes on a grassy platform allow an easy abseil to a spacious ledge level with, and about 20yards from, the belay at the top of P1 of America. Mausoleum is a brilliant line with great holds, fine moves and perfect gear. I'd say its one of the best and most accessible E2s on the Culm.

You're welcome.

Mausoleum (E2 5b)

james mann 18 Jul 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Not on the Culm Coast. Culm ends at Crackington.  Well done for cleaning efforts!

james

Phil Anderson 18 Jul 2018

Doubt I'm ever going to do this line, but respect due for taking the time to cleaning it out. Can't have been easy. Let's hope it gets plenty of visits to make your effort worthwhile.

I did this (according to my diary) back in 2011 and thought it was amazing, kind of like an America for the people that didn't want to climb America...or do, but just wanted to psychologically warm-up into the Gowla experience beforehand...

It's occasions such as this that I feel we need an embeddable 'buy me a pint*' paypal widget on site, because we all owe you one as a result of this.

*pint can be interchangeable with a brew, bovril, or skinny chai latte; terms and conditions apply

philhilo 18 Jul 2018

Nice one Frank. Did this 5 or 6 years ago and thought it was cracking even in its somewhat damp grassy state. 

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

We'll see about your so-called "terms & conditions" young man...as you've put it writing I'll have a pint of manly beer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...