UKC

NEWS: Nightmayer E8 6c by Emma Twyford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Jul 2018
Emma Twyford has made the 5th ascent of Steve Mayer's Nightmayer E8 6c on Dinas Cromlech in the Llanberis Pass. The route features sustained technical climbing, long run-outs, some iffy gear and a tricky high crux. It was made famous by a video of Belgian climber Nico Favresse taking a huge lob from the top crux, which was also written about by Nick Bullock (UKC article).

Read more
 mrmoe17 19 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

fantastic work

Shani 19 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Gripping stuff. Nice one!

Wft 19 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

I think the pictures of this on the run-out are brilliant.

Well done to Emma, is that the main Cromlech walls ticked then?

Wee Davie 19 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Superb! That video of Nico Favresse (who must be one of the World's top trad climbers) taking the big ride really shows how impressive this ascent is.

Post edited at 19:01
 stonemaster 19 Jul 2018
In reply to Wee Davie:

Aye, indeed, looked at it and ran away rapidly.... : )

Chris_Mellor 19 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Amazingly brilliant climbing. Are we going to see a female ascent of Indian Face? It surely must be possible.

In reply to UKC News:

I'm not sure Nico F's amusing ride was what made Nightmayer famous, at least not to climbers of my generation.

Still, bloody well done Emma T - impressive ascent.

jcm

GDes 20 Jul 2018
In reply to stonemaster:

To be fair to him, he was trying to onsight it.

Ciderslider 20 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Emma ! Good pics Bunny

Ramon Marin 20 Jul 2018
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

That's interesting, how many E8 were tried to be onsighted back in your day?. I actually have no idea, I know Steve Mayers put this one up in 92 which is pretty impressive, but I assume it was pre-practised. I can't even start to imagine what E8 feels on the onsight today, let alone back in the day with inferior gear and shoes...

Post edited at 13:42
 Tyler 20 Jul 2018
In reply to Ramon Marin:

I doubt there's more than a handful of E8s put up on sight or even ground up. Hardback Thesaurus was the first I guess and there was a strong OS ethic at Range West (where Steve Mayers put up a couple of E7s) and on the Llyn but I don't think that still holds. I think Ian Vickers and Gaz Parry did an E8 traverses at Yew Cogar Scar. I thought Quetzalcoatl might count but according to the logbook here it was abseil inspected first (still pretty mental!)

Jordan B 20 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Nice work emma. 

Glyn Davies 30 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, just wow!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...