UKC

Least Warm, Non-Waterproof Alpine Boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 24 Jul 2018

As time has passed I've slowly advanced towards being "The insulated sort of human" (by a combination of spending a lot of time in the cold, and amassing blubber).

I run very very hot, and my current alpine boots (Salewa Rapace) are too warm for me to use for most things in summer or even warm spring temperatures, my feet overheating seems to trigger the rest of me doing so, which makes me keen to find a solution.

I quite like low-profile, 3/4 stiffened boots like the Rapace, over traditional walking boots for what i do, but the "alpine boot" now only seems to be available in goretex versions (boil in the bag), often with some level of insulation.

What I really want is Scarpa Mescalitos / El Cap's, but I feel that ship has sailed.

All recommendations for uninsulated boots or stiff mid height approach shoe-boot-things welcome.

Smythson 25 Jul 2018
In reply to KellyKettle:

Scarpa Ribelle? Albeit they're flagship is Gore-Tex they do come in various permutations... 

OP KellyKettle 28 Jul 2018
In reply to Smythson:

'fraid not... The base model of Ribelle is still GTX, similarly the Garmont Ascent, this year's flavour of Trango etc. all are too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...