UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: The White Cliff: Epic tales of life and death on the world's best sea cliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 31 Jul 2018
The White Cliff, 4 kbThe White Cliff is a collection of writings about the best sea cliff in the world: Gogarth. This book has a historical narrative into which are embedded essays by various protagonists. Grant Farquhar has compiled text and images from over 100 climbers, many recounting early ascents and epics.

Read more
pasbury 31 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Oooooo this looks exciting! I want one.

In reply to pasbury:

Agreed, very exciting indeed - can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 31 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I thought Dun Mingulay was the best sea cliff in the world?! This book does sound quite good though.

FactorXXX 31 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Sounds excellent.
Will buy lots and seal them all in airtight bags.  I'll then sneak into wherever I need to sneak into and destroy all the things needed to print it again.
Though I fear modern technology will prevent another Extreme Rock happening...  

Robert Durran 31 Jul 2018
In reply to robertmichaellovell:

> I thought Dun Mingulay was the best sea cliff in the world?!

If you are allowed to count the whole of Gogarth as one sea cliff, then you should certainly be able to count almost all the climbing on Pabbay as one sea cliff and that probably beats Dun Mingulay

In reply to UKC Gear:

Just to say that this has just come into stock and looks absolutely superb, with the amount of work required to bring it all together unbelievable - congratulations Mr Farquhar!

Shani 12 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just started reading this. It's EPIC!

In reply to UKC Gear:

I think that Gogarth's claim to be the 'Best' is deeply routed in its long history. That it sat undiscovered only 50 miles from the crucible of 1960's climbing in Llanberis is remarkable, that its early exploration was filled with intrigue and secrecy is fascinating and that its full extent took over a decade to reveal is amazing. In many ways it established the genre of sea cliff climbing as a leading edge in the 1970's. My limited forays onto its White Walls have all been memorable so for me there is no doubt about this book's place next to Black Cliff on my shelf. I have just ordered my indulgence.

In reply to UKC Gear:

I now have my copy and it is awesome - brilliant pictures and personal anecdotes really create the excitement of climbing on Gogarth. A minor criticism is that it doesn't fit on the same shelf as The Black Cliff.

Post edited at 20:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...