UKC

OMM 2018 location

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 01 Aug 2018

That's not the Southwest!!!

Will be a fun challenge though. Not an area I know at all. Looks like it'll likely be pretty soggy up there October time. Sealskinz socks perhaps?

Cheers, BB

Wainers44 01 Aug 2018
In reply to bouldery bits:

> That's not the Southwest!!!

> Will be a fun challenge though. Not an area I know at all. Looks like it'll likely be pretty soggy up there October time. Sealskinz socks perhaps?

> Cheers, BB

Can't be wetter than Dartmoor, but far less "South West" than I was hoping for. Bang goes home advantage, which was my only hope really...!

Welsh Kate 01 Aug 2018

It's the boggier end of the Beacons :-D

OP bouldery bits 01 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

> Can't be wetter than Dartmoor, but far less "South West" than I was hoping for. Bang goes home advantage, which was my only hope really...!

Exactly! I was hoping for a load of CPs hidden around Kitty Tor or somewhere I know... Oh well. I'll have to rely on my partner's fitness instead! 

Post edited at 22:36
OP bouldery bits 01 Aug 2018
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> It's the boggier end of the Beacons :-D

Uh oh... 

Wainers44 01 Aug 2018
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> It's the boggier end of the Beacons :-D

But October is probably the driest month up there isn't it??!

ben b 02 Aug 2018

We did the Black Mountain  (singular - i.e. Camarthen Fan) KIMM in 2004. Great overnight camp and good going underfoot. I have even just found the results and discovered we were 49th out of 264 in the medium score, which was surprisingly good! 575 points and the winners made 850...

Entertaining photo alert: https://www.flickr.com/photos/marklucylockett/8019036175/in/photostream/

Ah the elegance of the mountain marathon!

I would think even the boggy bits of the Black Mountains would be dry as a bone by now, should be fun. Have a great trip.

JamButty 02 Aug 2018

Does it sell out quickly?  May want to do this but need to coerce someone......

Simon Caldwell 02 Aug 2018
In reply to JamButty:

Yesterday's mailing said there are 100 places left (out of the original 1000). I know a few people who weren't doing it because they didn't want to go to Dartmoor, I guess a fair number of others will be in a similar position and some will now enter...

Wonrek 02 Aug 2018

How can the Beacons be considered the 'South West'?!?! Can they read a map????

ianstevens 02 Aug 2018

Divide the UK into quarters an I’m pretty sure it falls into the SW

OP bouldery bits 02 Aug 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

> Divide the UK into quarters an I’m pretty sure it falls into the SW

You'll be one of them people that think Gloucester is the Southwest and all.

Grockles... I don't know....

Wonrek 02 Aug 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

Last I looked it was in Wales, I think the Welsh might be a little put out to be regionalised with the The Devon folk........

Wainers44 02 Aug 2018

> You'll be one of them people that think Gloucester is the Southwest and all.

> Grockles... I don't know....

Mind you, as a Devon boy, in my opinion everything past Bristol is "up north"! 

Wonrek 02 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Cornwall......everything north of the Tamar is 'Up Country' and you guys do not know how to make a real cream tea

Wainers44 02 Aug 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

> Cornwall......everything north of the Tamar is 'Up Country' and you guys do not know how to make a real cream tea

look, lets not start that allover again. Due to your background I am prepared to cut you guys down there some slack...too much time spent underground, too much salt in the air you breath, too much pastry in your diets etc, but don't push it....

ianstevens 02 Aug 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

I live in Wales and have done for 8 years. I'm not too put out - if you want to divide the UK in 4 and not give too much away about the location in advance of the reveal, then the Black Mountains falls into the SW.

Post edited at 13:31
 ianstevens 02 Aug 2018

> You'll be one of them people that think Gloucester is the Southwest and all.

> Grockles... I don't know....

How is it not?

Wainers44 02 Aug 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

You realise following that logic you get a quarter of Birmingham in the south west?  Not sure that's a good thing? We already have to put up with Torquay! 

Simon Caldwell 02 Aug 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

There have been a few complaints from people who had already booked flights to Exeter airport!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...