UKC

Margalef - which guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mik82 07 Aug 2018

Currently planning a trip to Margalef

There appear to be two reasonably up-to-date guidebooks - one with photo topos, and the other with colour hand drawn ones. Does anyone have any experience of either? Being used to the excellent Kalymnos guide, as well as Rockfax, I'd be inclined to go for the photo one.

scope 07 Aug 2018
In reply to mik82:

The one I have is black and white, hand drawn topos, text in Spanish. There's a newer one with photo topos, should be available locally like the old one was.

Post edited at 22:09
 riff156 07 Aug 2018
In reply to mik82:

I've just taken delivery today of the one with colour photos, only had a quick look but it seems very comprehensive and informative I would personally recommend it, from the bmc shop 

Dandan 08 Aug 2018
In reply to mik82:

I have the photo one which I would recommend but I have seen the hand drawn one on the crags a few times and it looks very good too.

If you go for the photo one, try to buy it from the Refugio as if I recall correctly, that will result in the most money going directly back to the creators.

In reply to mik82:

Both are good, and up to date, the one with the hand drawings retails at 15 euros here in Margalef. Enjoy...

gravy 19 Aug 2018

I think Taragona Climbs contains Margelef and there is a new edition (2018). It's got photos and it's in English, German and Spanish.  The photo diagrams are good, I can't recall if the maps are any good.  It contains a lot more besides Margelef which is hand if you want to go to another crag.

tom84 19 Aug 2018
In reply to mik82:

buy one from either the shop in the village or the refugio if its open, the latest one is next level good- it puts rockfax to shame in a big way. support Vicents amazing bolting efforts: 

https://www.cordee.co.uk/Margalef-det-15-0-0-15341.html

patsaunders 19 Aug 2018
In reply to mik82:

I have the hand drawn one which I never used as I had to cancel my trip.....if you would like it I'm happy to sell it....£15

OP mik82 19 Aug 2018
In reply to patsaunders:

have sent you a message

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...