UKC

New English Mountain found

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 10 Aug 2018

Miller Moss, a new English mountain found. I'm not sure if anyone had picked up on this and does it really make any difference to most of us, although it might infuriate a few doing all the Nuttalls.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mountain-or-a-molehill-hill-in-the-la...

Post edited at 17:31
 Chris the Tall 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Trying to work out exactly where it is. Turns out the Daily Mail is massively inaccurate with it's map and it's actually Back of Skiddaw, between Knott and High Pike. 

Fortunately for me, the addition of a new mountain doesn't affect me. Firstly because I took my list from Wainwright, who used aesthetics rather than mathematics as means of determining whether something was an independent mountain. And secondly because I gave up peak bagging 30 years ago, having ticked 126 of the 127 on my list (wainwrights over 2000 ft). I still haven't done the last one - Great Bourne - and doubt I ever will.   

Mike Peacock 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Fortunately for me, the addition of a new mountain doesn't affect me. Firstly because I took my list from Wainwright, who used aesthetics rather than mathematics as means of determining whether something was an independent mountain.

*cough* Mungrisdale Common *cough*

Pedro50 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Mike Peacock:

And Armboth fell. Awful.

mysterion 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean Kelly:

The photo of them standing '...at the foot of Miller Moss' lol

Mike Peacock 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Pedro50:

Nah, I can let that one pass (just). But then, I have a professional interest in bogs so perhaps I'm biased.

Rip van Winkle 11 Aug 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Ah, "Pile of Stones". Or "Slightly Less Great Lingy Hill".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...