UKC

Soft-shell trousers for autumn/winter climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
monsoon 22 Aug 2018

Can anyone recommend me some soft-shell trousers please? For autumn/spring/nice-winter-day use, hardwearing but not too hot. For climbing/mountaineering.

Thanks

TobyA 22 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

Definitely check whatever Decathlon has - they are always the cheapest or near the cheapest. I've had one pair of theirs for now maybe 15 years and they are fine, and I've had the heavish winter weight ones for perhaps 8 years now and they are great too.

They do some under the Simond brand for climbers, but others in the Quechua section for trekking that look just as good. My winter ones are Simond, my lighter ones are Quechua - but I think they are so old they all were back then.

colinakmc 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon: I get on very well with my Mountain Equipment Ibex trousers, actually 4 seasons given our typical Scottish summer! On a sub zero winters day a pair of long johns gets added in.  Only gripe is that the pockets are a bit shallow... gives you an excuse in the pub

girlymonkey 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

I second the decathlon ones. The heavy weight ones have good vents and surprisingly good in built gaiters. 

In reply to monsoon:

+1 for ME Ibex. Good for all round use all year round. Summer as is. Winter with Aclima Warm Wool - or Hot Wool if in Rjukan. 

Martin Bennett 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

What size are you? I have too many soft shell trousers, including an extra pair of Mountain Equipment Ibex, as mentioned above, that I'd consider re-cycling i.e. selling.

Post edited at 10:31
 benp1 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

Haglofs for me, I have 4 different softshell type troos. rugged fjell to rugged mountain pants

I like them as they come in a long leg variety, the decathlon and others do not

Montane long leg length is too short in S, M or L. It's a ridiculous idea that taller people must clearly be fatter 

GarethSL 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

Highly recommend the Gamma AR from Arc'teryx, very nice low profile fit, breathable and very durable. Come in a really good range of sizes and in colours other than black! Despite the rrp they are usually available at an ok price.

monsoon 23 Aug 2018
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Small

wbo 23 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:gender? Small is, ? Tall short?

personally i like Mammut basejumps

Post edited at 23:13
 jethro kiernan 24 Aug 2018
In reply to monsoon:

I might have a pair of marmot 32” 

brand new I’ve lost a little weight 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...