UKC

Pembroke - quick hol with kids -best location

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Kelly 23 Aug 2018

Quick holiday with kids - beaches, swimming, walking, biking, fishing (euch) and possibly some climbing - where should we base ourselves and any good accommodation/campsites

Thanks John

John R 23 Aug 2018
In reply to John Kelly:

Camping at Porth Clais, St. Davids would fit the bill perfectly. All those activities and more available in a radius of no more than three miles. Brilliant area for getting a mix of climbing and general family holiday stuff. Other good campsites available close by. Have fun wherever you end up, John.

OP John Kelly 23 Aug 2018
In reply to John R:

Spot on 

Thanks

Tim Sparrow 23 Aug 2018
In reply to John Kelly:

Another vote for Porthclais. Best crabbing ever, the kids love it. Not sure about the crabs, which spend their summers being hauled out and stored in buckets for a few hours, before being released to repeat at the next tide.

You get to do Red Wall before breakfast every day too (if you like that type of solo jaunt).

OP John Kelly 23 Aug 2018
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

Just checked Red Wall, looks great, should be able to get kids drag me up that

Crabs - poor bloody crabs, in for some more misery

Post edited at 22:58
 GrahamD 24 Aug 2018
In reply to John Kelly:

Tenby or Saundersfoot for me, but thats where we always went as kids so I'm biassed.

Tom Valentine 25 Aug 2018
In reply to John R:

Caerfai Bay is an excellent campsite. As well as cleaning the toilets for you Ms. Panton will also pull yourteeth and so on in her daytime job.

On my first visit there I walked along the cliff path because I'd seen someone belaying through my binoculars. I walked on and found someone bringing his mate up Armorican. After a short exchange I ran back towards the campsite for my Scarpas. 

At the car park a well intentioned woman who had obviously seen me chatting to the belayer then start running  stopped me and said"It's OK. I've got it in hand now. Take deep breaths and tell me what the emergency is and I'll take it from there..."

Me gasping trying to be polite , wanting to say "Get out of my way you fucking busybody and let me get to my tent to pick up my rock shoes otherwise the offer of a rope will have gone.."

Anyway it turned out OK, I seconded one of the best VS routes in Welsh coastal climbing with a bloke I'd known for 2 minutes and agreed to go to Mur Cenhinen with him the day after.....

Post edited at 19:29

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...