UKC

Churnet - loose holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 29 Aug 2018

Dimmings Dale on Swampy's block, the starting juggy flake on 36th day and another day (also the intermediate hold for a longer day), has become very creaky and loose and i fear not long for this world.  if local activists are in the area with some glue then this might be worth looking at as it would be a shame if these 3 great problems lost the hold.  

many thanks to the phantom  glue-er (i presume Stuart Brooks) who has done a great job of repairing holds on many other slightly esoteric Churnet gems.

OP ebdon 30 Aug 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Also any beta on how you do the drop down move on a longer day would be appreceated! 

Stuart Brooks 04 Sep 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Thanks, I'll have a look when I'm next up that way. I'm inclined to wait until the hold comes off as you get a stronger bond and just looks neater. As for the beta, seen a couple of methods. The one I use is from the lip hold whack a left toe hook where the problem 364th day starts and reach the (now loose) juggy flake with your right hand (left still on lip) then you can sort your feet out to do the drop down.

If anyone notices that the hold is off, place it nearby and let me know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...