UKC

Chamonix trail run recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fenski 31 Aug 2018

Passing through chamonix this weekend to catch a bit of the utmb.

want to do a bit of running myself while I’m there. Can anyone recommend a route I can do from the valley around 15k?? Don’t mind if I have to use a lift or not to access it.

realise it will be mega busy but would just like to get out and do something. 

plyometrics 31 Aug 2018
In reply to fenski:

Bus up to les praz, catch lift up to flegere then run across grand balcon (great views) to plan praz, then run or catch lift back down into valley...?

planetmarshall 31 Aug 2018
In reply to fenski:

Run up the trail from the Bobsleigh track up to Montenvers, then to the Plan past Le Signal. Then either run down or reward yourself with a pint and take the lift.

CEW 31 Aug 2018
In reply to fenski:

Up to Montreves and La Signal then along Grand Balcon to Plan de Aiguille and then down to town - think that worked out around 15km when I did it last month (?). There is a trail running app that will give you ideas too (Vallee du trail).

OP fenski 01 Sep 2018
In reply to CEW:

Cheers everyone. That’s exactly the sort of info I was looking for. I’ll check it out this afternoon on a map when I get there.

OP fenski 16 Sep 2018
In reply to fenski:

In the end, ran from the car park of the Aguille du Midi up to le plaz. Then cheated and got the lift up to Flegere (saving my legs a marathon the following weekend) across the grand balcon, up to the col du brevent, across to brevent, and then back down to town under the planplaz lift.

18km in total, and really spectacular run.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...