UKC

A1 and A2 injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 03 Sep 2018

Recently (almost 4 weeks ago) popped my A2 middle finger whilst weaseling/ pottering in the Torridon boulders with my kids. Loud pop with pain. Probably full tear from swelling.

Never had it on middle finger but had it on ring finger of the other hand about 4 years ago.

The pain is different though and really goes into the hand almost  to my lifeline. Not been to see anyone. Iced it for the first week. I have stopped to climb on. And for the last week and a half I have been using soft theraputty. I am starting to think that the A1 pulley might also be injured. 

Is it a common occurence? Any thoughts? 

I am not aware of anyone medical who would be able to truly tell me something about what's wrong with the finger around Inverness. If you do, could you also recommend them to me. Ta

Ardo 05 Sep 2018
In reply to French Erick:

Did my A2 a while back and found this helpful: https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/features/injury_management_and_preventi...

summo 05 Sep 2018

It is not that rare. Any good physio will be able to diagnose. Based on the rate of recovery, locating pain points, movement of digits and feel/compare to uninjured hand. 

baldie 06 Sep 2018

Try, Peak Physio, 01463 714999. Falk gets a good name. His place is in the Carse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...