UKC

Kalymnos - climbing shops

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 slawosz 07 Sep 2018

Hi,

I might consider buying new shoes when I will be there (as a treat if I will climb well), but I normally need large ones, and they are not always available, how it looks like in Kalymnos? Also, are prices there fair?

snoop6060 07 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

No idea if they have big shoes as I'm a midget but prices there are top whack. I'd defo not buy shoes there unless I absolutely had to. 

SGD 07 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

Lots of options in a variety of shops mainly, La Sportiva and Scarpa but you will also find Tenaya, Evolv, 5/10.

Wildsports have the biggest range of styles and sizes - 2 main shops at either end of the high street and a discount shop near there 'scarpa' outlet.

As for prices they are on par with the UK but you do find the occasional bargain.

I picked up some futura's for under 80 Euros a couple of years ago

AlanLittle 07 Sep 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

> I'd defo not buy shoes there unless I absolutely had to. 

Like my mate who arrived last year with two left shoes

There's an outlet store right down the north end of Masouri on the right with good prices but very limited selection.

earlsdonwhu 07 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

If you think that the Greek economy is a basket case so there will be bargains to be had, I fear you will be disappointed.

OP slawosz 08 Sep 2018
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

It's bit unfair assumption. I am not looking for bargain, I just wanted to be sure if I can assume that I can easily buy shoes in Kalymnos and won't pay 200 EUR for them.

whenry 09 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

No, a decent range but be prepared to pay the equivalent of UK RRP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...