UKC

Bouldering near Scarborough

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattrm 07 Sep 2018

I'm up in Scarborough for a fortnight and I'm looking for somewhere to nab an hour or two's easy bouldering (nothing more than f5).  It looks like  Bridestones (North Yorkshire) will be the best bet.  Is it ok with out pads? 

Any one able to suggest anywhere else?

phleppy 07 Sep 2018
In reply to mattrm:

It's fine without pads at Bridestones, most of the landings are soft and grassy. I suppose the next closest area around the grade you want would be either the crags near Goathland or the southern part of Blakey Ridge and somewhere like Duck Boulders.

MarkH55 08 Sep 2018
In reply to mattrm:

Park Nab, scugdale, Wainstones lovely places to be and boulder

phleppy 08 Sep 2018
In reply to mattrm:

I totally forgot about the coast as well, there's Cloughton Wyke very close to where you'll be with a few things to go at and maybe a few at Stoupe or Smuggler's near Ravenscar that may be worth a look. They have limited problems compared to the Bridestones though but are worth a look if you have any other spare days.

OP mattrm 10 Sep 2018
In reply to mattrm:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I've got a copy of the guidebook, so I'm probably going to try Levisham as well.  But I suspect that Bridestones will probably sort me out for the duration of the holiday.  The Pill Box could be handy if we do spend some time down the beach tho.

Post edited at 10:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...