UKC

Unsuccessful sale of climbing books on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 14 Sep 2018

So, if you were me, would you simply give them away to your local charity bookshop?

Steve Perry 14 Sep 2018
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Put them in a YHA or a climbing club hut perhaps.

wbo 14 Sep 2018
In reply to The Ice Doctor:I'd assume that including p and p your price is too high.  There must be somewhere climbing focussed you can dump them

pec 14 Sep 2018

Try selling them for less or give them to a charity shop in a climbing area like Keswick for example where there's a strong likelihood of someone wanting them. I've picked up a few things from one of the charity shops there as it often has outdoor gear.

David Myatt 15 Sep 2018

You could try donating them to your Uni club, if you were in one.

David

deepsoup 15 Sep 2018
In reply to Steve Perry:

> Put them in a YHA or a climbing club hut perhaps.

Maybe even a bothy.  It's sometimes nice to find a bit of reading material, especially if you're hunkered down waiting out bad weather.

CurlyStevo 15 Sep 2018

Ebay

Billhook 15 Sep 2018

I had some old but worthy guide books  (hills + climbs)  I just went to the post office found out how much they'd cost to be posted  and advertised them on UKC as free but £X for p+p.  

They were gone in a flash and someone found them useful.

(FWIW, I thought your books were a little overpriced especially as they were several years old and if you take into account the fact that buyer had also to pay a couple of pounds more for postage too!......

So make yourself feel good.  Give them away free but just ask for the postage costs.

Post edited at 06:35
 birdie num num 15 Sep 2018

Fix a wobbly table 

The hut/bothy idea is a great one. I've read so many guides sitting in huts during bad weather or in the evening with the fire on. Absolutely great way to pass the time.

I remember waiting out bad weather in a climbing hut and reading all the On The Edge magazines, mainly the bit about the local Scottish scene news back through the years. It was a great day doing that even though the weather was awful.

Also the ben guides in the cic I'll always have a flick through in the evening. 

J1234 15 Sep 2018

To be fair, I do not like haggling. However with this phrase "No hangling or time wasters please." you stopped anyone from helping you find the market price.

Just try posting again, with instead of "No hangling or time wasters please." put or "open to offers"

Worths a shot

alan moore 16 Sep 2018
In reply to Billhook:

> I had some old but worthy guide books  (hills + climbs)  I just went to the post office found out how much they'd cost to be posted  and advertised them on UKC as free but £X for p+p.  

Same here

> So make yourself feel good. 

Same here!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...