UKC

Click-Up Plus carabiner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cambromo 28 Sep 2018

Bought the click up plus a few days ago and after unpacking it I more or less immediately noticed the carabiner supplied has strange markings and indents assuming from when it was forged, the anti cross load spring also pulls further back.

Am I being paranoid or is my carabiner exclusive to this issue or does anyone elses carabiner seem a little sketchy? Can supply pics later.

springfall2008 01 Oct 2018
In reply to cambromo:

Post a picture, I can compare it to mine

Martin Bennett 01 Oct 2018
In reply to cambromo:

Just been to look. Mine looks fine. It's a couple of years old though - maybe they supply a different crab now?

Roland.Online 01 Oct 2018
In reply to cambromo:

Recently I separately bought from AlpineTrek two of the karabiners that are normally supplied with the Click-Up (called the Concept), because I liked the sprung wire loop that keeps it orientated on your belay loop.

The wire loop looked easier to handle than most other alternatives from BD, DMM, etc.

I got the Concept Screw Gate for my GriGri and the Twist-Lock for my ATCs/Bugs etc.

The laser markings on mine are "normal" AFAIK and the indents (I assume you mean the thinner channels along the spine?) are a fairly common method for weight-saving and improving strength.

Don't have the Click-Up itself, but am very happy with both krabs.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...