UKC

Hulk Sector - Verdon. Approach/Topo.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 29 Sep 2018

No match for crag id:15864

Does anyone have a copy of the PDF topo for this place? The link I had seems dead. I'm in the Verdon and the climbing shop in la palud is shut (as usual). In lieu of a guide is the crag approach above enough to find it? Head into the gorge as if going for ula, cross a Tyrolean when you see it and basically follow your nose from there. And my rope is about 65m long I think, that enough? Will take a bail biner just in case. 

Post edited at 09:08
OP snoop6060 29 Sep 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Well to answer my own question. Yes that description will get you there. The approach is a good laugh. Weird ladders, Tyrolean traverse and various other exciting bits. All fun and a good way to explore the gorge. A 65m rope is enough. The crag itself it's a bit meeeh but it's cool at least and given it was 28c today, that was welcome. Unfortunately the best looking line was 8b+ which is a little above my pay grade. Someone dropped a petzl spirit from right at the top of one of the routes you go past so winner, got me self a new draw. It could well have killed me from that height  mind, but I'll let that pass for free gear 

Fakey Rocks 29 Sep 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Could have at least dropped you a helmet down 1st. Oh well....

OP snoop6060 29 Sep 2018
In reply to Fakey Rocks:

They actually dropped a few stones down on the lower pitches. We ran for cover and sat it out for a bit. The draw was on the way back and from the very top. I assumed it was karma. 

Anyway I should add this. You can kinda work out the routes from the UKC crag route list. The 7a that is well ticked in the log books has the name partially written at the bottom. And the 7c with the 8b+ extension is easy to spot as it's the line of the crag by a mile. So the rest you can kinda work out from just those 2. So worth it even without a guide if its boiling. The approach is a laugh as well so it's a good day out. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...