UKC

The Dawn Wall Glasgow screening

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim233 03 Oct 2018

Has anyone booked tickets to the Glasgow screening of the Dawn Wall? It was to be at the Odeon Braehead but it's no longer appearing on the Demand Film tickets page. Looks like it might have been cancelled due to lack of interest.

In light of that, would anyone be interested in a screening at the Odeon Atlantic Quay? The minimum number is 40 I think. If there's enough interest, I'll request a screening.

Cheers,

Jim

Southvillain 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Jim233:

Can I just say - it's well worth seeing (having attended the screening in Bristol last night), so book a ticket. Grabbing the DVD or watching on demand is one thing, but it'll never equal seeing El Cap on a cinema screen. It goes without saying that the efforts of Caldwell/Jorgeson are extraordinary, but props are also due to the filmmakers; I'm not sure how many of us would fancy hanging about, dangling in space at 2000-odd feet, in all weathers, day and night, over several years to capture the climbing.

Patrick Roman 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Jim233:

> Looks like it might have been cancelled due to lack of interest.

Think you might have got your dates mixed up - it screened last night at Braehead. It was pretty full but not sold out so maybe not enough local interest for another screening?

Couldn’t agree more with the comments posted above. The footage of El Cap (and the Valley) was spectacular, and it’s been really well edited to tell a story that is packed with emotion and humour. If you get the chance to see it on a big screen, take it.

JLS 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Patrick Roman:

>"pretty full but not sold out"

I had a look last week and the website suggested there were only 2 tickets left.

As I thought I might need 3 or 4 tickets, I just assumed i'd been too slow off the mark.

Patrick Roman 03 Oct 2018
In reply to JLS:

There was an empty seat next to me and more in front. They could have been no shows?

Flinticus 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Jim233:

Well that would be worth seeing and the Atlantic Quay is not far from me. But I presume most of those interested have now  seen it.

Southvillain 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Patrick Roman:

And another nice thing about the film is that Beth Rodden gets fairer treatment in it, it seemed to me, than she gets in the book.

nathan79 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Jim233:

Botheration. Your post made me check for an Edinburgh showing. There was. Last  night. Sigh.

OP Jim233 04 Oct 2018
In reply to nathan79:

Yeah, got me dates wrong. Hey-ho, suppose I'll wait for dvd or streaming.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...