UKC

Salewa Crow GTX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jellington 03 Oct 2018

Does anybody have experience with these shoes? 

https://www.salewa.com/crow-gore-tex-mens-shoes-00-0000061328

I was thinking about buying them for hut to hut treks next summer and maybe some snow slogs up some 4000 meter peaks in the Alps. They seem perfect for this so I was wondering if anybody has used them/heared about them. 

Thanks! 

Jelle 

Andrew Lodge 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Jellington:

I have a pair which I use as my lightweight winter walking boots when I don't need to wear my Nepals, they do the job very well.

Comfort obviously depends on your feet but they work for me, the quality certainly seems good.

OP Jellington 04 Oct 2018
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

How would you rate the warmth of them? I saw some reviews that said they would be fine up to 4000 meters. I know it depends on how warm you run and stuff but in wat temps did you use them? 

Thanks

Andrew Lodge 04 Oct 2018
In reply to Jellington:

Obviously they are not as warm as my Nepals but have been fine during winter in the Lakes, my son wore then in the Alps this summer up to about 3,600 and was fine in them.

innes 04 Oct 2018
In reply to Jellington:

I bought a pair earlier this year and used them in the Alps. They're the first pair of Salewa I've owned. 

I am really impressed by them.  For me they're much more comfortable than the LS Trangos they replaced. I like the combination of soft fabric  uppers with a reasonable stiff sole and a rocker. Great for big approaches, french technique etc. A C2 crampon feels reassuringly locked on with them too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...