UKC

Churston Cove bolt fund?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ADJ85 06 Oct 2018

Recently climbed at Churston and had a great time. Any idea if there is a bolt fund to support upkeep & further route development, would love to see some more low/mid grade accessible sport climbing in Devon. 

jayjackson 06 Oct 2018
In reply to ADJ85:

The Dorset Bolt Fund helped out with the redevelopment work at Torbryan and there are collecting tins for Devon bolting at Taunton Leisure and the Quay Climbing Centre. 

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/devon-dorset-bolt-fund.html

jayjackson 06 Oct 2018
In reply to ADJ85:

The Dorset Bolt Fund helped out with the redevelopment work at Torbryan and there are collecting tins for Devon bolting at Taunton Leisure and the Quay Climbing Centre. 

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/devon-dorset-bolt-fund.html

misterb 06 Oct 2018
In reply to ADJ85:

Churston was recently bolted up in the areas you are talking about by a keen local climber , i think there is still room for a few more lines there but also  7 or 8 old sport routes that need re-bolting

That is where the Dorset bolt fund will be helping out by supplying all the materials needed to make these old routes safe for the new generation.

A small group of locals are carrying out the work and there is a fair amount to get done as Ansteys cove needs the same treatment and will probably be done before churston.

All donations either through the Dorset bolt funds own donation page, the Taunton leisure link or one of the tins at the Exeter shop or quay climbing centre are very welcome

If we can get a couple of hundred bolts bought that will get us a long way to re-bolting all the old sport routes in the South West

OP ADJ85 06 Oct 2018
In reply to misterb:

Thanks both, really helpful, I’ll make sure I donate some cash next time I’m at the Quay. Would also be willing to help with time too. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...