UKC

REVIEW: North Wales Slate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 09 Oct 2018
North Wales Slate -  Now available for next day delivery in the UK, 5 kbA new Rockfax guide has just been published to the North Wales Slate. The much-loved previous guide was a hard act to follow. Dave Evans has a look to see if this new book is a worthy successor.

Read more
 philhilo 10 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

The maps and overhead shots look fab, I could have done with those when trying to walk out from the top of Smaug in Twll Mawr, which involved a lot of nervous peering down ever steepening scree and heather!

Mbowell 10 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I followed Mark up the Dervish in about 1998, it is great to see he still has the same enthusiasm for the slate 20 years on! It is a shame that the excellent yarns on the Ground Up guide have gone in the name of portability, maybe someone should re-publish them as a stand alone history?

Glyn Davies 12 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Do you know if this new slate guide has already been submitted to RockFax so that any new routes are available in the RockFax mobile app please? There's nothing on my phone that suggests my North Wales Climbs package, which included the slate quarries, has an upgrade waiting. 

Are ALL the new routes / updates in this slate guide, available in the RockFax app, or do RockFax just update a selection?

Many thanks in advance

Glyn

In reply to Glyn Davies:

Hi Glyn, I'm not sure why it's not showing an update available - that's an error, I'll look into it.

You should update your North Wales Climbs package to get all the new slate stuff - all the slate areas have been redone.

You can't use the normal mechanism for updating obviously because it's not showing you the update button, but you can achieve the same thing by deleting the installed package and downloading it again.

Glyn Davies 12 Oct 2018
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Many thanks Stephen - will delete package and reinstall - thank you. Will keep you posted.

Kind regards
Glyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...