UKC

INTERVIEW: Mick Fowler - No Easy Way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 29 Oct 2018
Mick Fowler on the summit of SulamarAhead of his book launch event at Kendal Mountain Festival 2018, we speak to Mick Fowler about No Easy Way...

As one of Britain's leading mountaineers with three Piolets d'Or to his name, Mick Fowler is accustomed to Type 2 fun and suffering. Navigating red tape, surviving car journeys on treacherous roads, herding donkeys and yaks, avoiding bears and sewing clothes at altitude - not to mention the committing climbs and sketchy descents undertaken in remote corners of the Greater Ranges. In 2017, however, Mick was faced with an altogether different challenge: a cancer diagnosis.

Read more
pasbury 29 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Also check out his Jam Crack podcast with Grimer - excellent.

USBRIT 29 Oct 2018

Tough lad ,I am a member of  his fan club.

Greenbanks 29 Oct 2018

Inspirational. Thanks

full stottie 29 Oct 2018

Natalie, that's a very thoroughly prepared and well-structured interview which I enjoyed a lot. I've already read Mick's book and found it an excellent read, warmly understated and humorous, but full of excitement and insight into the places he visits and the climbing action. I had a real surprise, even shock, at the end of the book when he wrote about his cancer diagnosis (as a male in his 70's such things lurk in the background of life). I know its not a film, but as I've just passed the book on to a friend without mentioning the end revelation, I wondered if you considered a "spoiler alert"???

Dave

Chris_Mellor 29 Oct 2018

This interview just blew me away. The words are so simple - Shit happens - and you deal with it. But the character to live your life that way is not common. Amazing guy.

Removed User 31 Oct 2018
In reply to Bob Peters:

I think the Torture tube sketch ended up in OTE also? I have it emblazoned on my memory as a keen youth at the time.

George Ormerod 01 Nov 2018
In reply to pasbury:

He was on the CBC Radio here in Calgary yesterday; came across really well (no mention of cancer!). I also found the Jam Crack podcast excellent too. 

I’ve just got his book and looking forward to reading it. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...