UKC

Internal Popping Hip. Harness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timparkin 29 Oct 2018

I slipped of a hold a few weeks back and landed with my legs either side of a tight rope. Since then, I've had a bit of pain in my lower iliopsoas where the leg strap connector sits. In the last week I've had a 'catching' as I stand up from a deep crouch. A bit of online research strongly suggests its this "popping hip". It's not painful as such, just tweaky and seems OK once released. Treatment suggests bits of stretching and strengthening which is a win anyway

I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar and how it progress plus any suggestions for a more comfortable harness (especially nearer the connector loop). 

Tim

OP timparkin 29 Oct 2018
In reply to timparkin:

Sorry for everybody having a look expecting some fancy new climbing move

NaCl 29 Oct 2018
In reply to timparkin:

I was expecting a thread on rap music and harnesses :-/

Taxi!............

cb294 29 Oct 2018
In reply to timparkin:

Beware diagnosis by internet and the usual blabla, but this sounds highly unlikely to me. I cannot see how you can injure you M. iliopsoas like that. It is largely internal, and as the muscle responsible for lifting your thigh almost impossible to overload by a rope between your legs. 

CB

marsbar 29 Oct 2018
In reply to timparkin:

I think you need to see someone medical in case you make it worse.

OP timparkin 29 Oct 2018
In reply to cb294:

> Beware diagnosis by internet and the usual blabla, but this sounds highly unlikely to me. I cannot see how you can injure you M. iliopsoas like that. It is largely internal, and as the muscle responsible for lifting your thigh almost impossible to overload by a rope between your legs. 

Yep - had a confirmation from a consultant but it's hard to diagnose even with ultrasound. Although the iliopsoas is difficult to injure as a whole, but the tendon/fascia can get 'notched' or the tendon move, etc. Obviously I'll keep an 'eye' on it but at this point I know that it was related to the slip, in the same area and irritated by my harness in the same area. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...