UKC

Things to do in Manchester!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 31 Oct 2018

I’ll be in Manchester City Centre with my wife on Tuesday from 9:30 or so in the morning until the evening.

We know the place really well, but I’m always open to new things. I’ve booked lunch in a favourite restaurant, but nothing else.

Ideally looking for things, quirky, cultural (high or low) and nothing too energetic. Interesting drinking establishments as well, but not for the whole day. We will probably eat out in the evening as well, possibly joined by the 17 year old. So think fun rather than fancy, as we will have done fancy at lunchtime.

dread-i 31 Oct 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

I'd say, if veggie Indian street food, with a large range of beers is your thing, then try Bundobust, just of Picadilly. Lots of small snack size things, to soak up some of the fine ale.

Manchester Art gallery is good , as is the Whitworth Gallery and Manchester Museum, if you've not been before.

I seem to spend a lot of time walking around saying, "When did that building go up? What was there before? Didn't that used to be a pub?"

OP The New NickB 31 Oct 2018
In reply to dread-i:

> I'd say, if veggie Indian street food, with a large range of beers is your thing, then try Bundobust, just of Picadilly. Lots of small snack size things, to soak up some of the fine ale.

Not been there, sounds like it might fit the bill.

> Manchester Art gallery is good , as is the Whitworth Gallery and Manchester Museum, if you've not been before.

Not been to the Whitworth for a while, so that’s a maybe.

Post edited at 17:11
OP The New NickB 31 Oct 2018
In reply to BnB:

Looks good

aln 31 Oct 2018
In reply to BnB:

Bollox, I wish that had been on when I was there last month. 

aln 31 Oct 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

If you like BnB's suggestion you might enjoy the mosaic artwork dedicated to Mark E. Smith. It's down an alley not far from Picadilly, you can find it's location online but it might be more fun to search for it or stumble across it. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...