UKC

Ice climbing guide for Canada - Canmore, Banff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobberdiddly 06 Nov 2018

Hello all,

I'm off to Canmore & Banff 2nd week of Dec and I see that the Joe Josephson, Waterfall Ice guide is out of print. Does anyone have a copy? If so could you photo or photocopy pages for me? I need: South Ghost, North Ghost, Banff (Professor Falls), Kananaskis Country (Whiteman Falls, Evans Thomas Creek), Icefields Parkway (Beauty Creek, David Thompson Highway).
Me & my rope gun are booked into Canmore hut and he's got the app guide. I've ordered a copy of Icelines to at least have a real book!
Big thumbs up to anyone who can help.

GarethSL 06 Nov 2018
In reply to bobberdiddly:

>  I see that the Joe Josephson, Waterfall Ice guide is out of print.

Fnarr... It's only a few grand on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0921102682/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_sr?i...

Didn't mean to spam your thread but that just blew my mind!

valjean 06 Nov 2018

There are pdf versions floating around... send a pm

im off 06 Nov 2018

I've got a Canadian ice fall guide....I'll go look for it and get back to you. I bought it maybe 15 years ago.....Never bloody been there

Post edited at 17:26
 planetmarshall 06 Nov 2018
In reply to GarethSL:

> Fnarr... It's only a few grand on amazon!

> Didn't mean to spam your thread but that just blew my mind!

Amazon's prices are set algorithmically based on availability and other factors. That price doesn't mean that's what a copy is worth.

im off 06 Nov 2018

Yeah, I've got the 3rd edition. Any good. You can have it for $4000 or you can borrow it if u like. It needs using!

OP bobberdiddly 06 Nov 2018
In reply to im off:

You're a gentleman, I'd be glad of a lend (as long as I don't lose the bugger - I can't face paying $4000!!). I'll keep it safely zipped inside my guidebook cover, and photo the relevant pages each morning.

I'll try to message you with my details.

Cheers.

Takein 08 Nov 2018

You really don't need the Joe Josephson book. Ice lines has several week's worth of climbing covering all the areas you mention. If there's a specific route you want to do that's not in Ice Lines just google it or ask for beta on the local FB groups. 

George Ormerod 08 Nov 2018

You can message me too and, cough, I might know where you can get a PDF of Jo Jo's book if you haven't already.

The Canadian Rockies Ice Climbing facebook group is also a good source of conditions info.

Post edited at 19:36
 George Ormerod 08 Nov 2018

Here's the on line guide to the DT Highway - Cyril did a lot of the new routes:

http://www.rescuedynamics.ca/articles/DTIce.html

Ranger Creek is in good early season conditions, people have been at Twisted Sister and apparently Shades of Beauty is in, but thin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...