UKC

Looking for a hiking partner to log QMD’s with

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey all. This is a calling to hill walkers in the southwest. I’m looking for a partner to do fortnightly trips with so that I can begin to log quality mountain days for my Mountain Leader Training. Could go as far a field as the Brecon Becons, Snowdonia, the Peak District etc. 

Each hike would be a minimum of 5 hours and must be keen for all weather! 

If anyone has any tips or websites to check out to help me through the logging/training.

Cheers! Elliot 

Toerag 08 Nov 2018
In reply to Elliot_Rathmell:

Does the Peak district qualify for QMDs?

C Witter 08 Nov 2018

> Hey all. This is a calling to hill walkers in the southwest.

Do you have hills in the southwest?

youtube.com/watch?v=QzivmOQWkVQ&

Dingerbell 08 Nov 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Some assessors allow the odd day in the Peak district has long as its ie poor visibility and showing skills of navigation.

Reader_Rambles 28 Nov 2018

If you're ever heading to Snowdonia let me know pal.

Although winter is approaching, these days won't count as QMD's for Summer ML but will for Winter

Jungle_153 28 Nov 2018

I'm based in York, if you find yourself heading to the Lakes let me know. Could manage North Wales with enough notice.

Gareth

P.s. Who ever you do your training with will like to see Scotland and Lake District included in your log. The lack of Scotland was picked up in my training feedback.

Dave the Rave 28 Nov 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Reckon Kinder and Bleaklow do, especially if you navigate the Old Pennine Way route. It can be proper grim up there despite its altitude compared to other areas. Take it for granted at your peril. 

Dingerbell 29 Nov 2018

Get your self on mountain leader forum on facebook.

Theres loads on there wanting partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...