UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: What if he falls? Filming Free Solo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Nov 2018
What if he falls? Filming Free SoloThis week's Friday Night Video takes a behind-the-scenes look at Free Solo. The short documentary takes a look at the ethical issues surrounding filming a climber in a deadly situation. Filmmakers Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin discuss whether involving cameras in Alex's solo attempt at Freerider would become a distraction.

Read more
 Knut R. 09 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Well....watching that is stressful enough. I cannot quite wrap my head around the strain of being a film maker on this endeavour. I'm pretty certain I'm not made of stern enough stuff.

plyometrics 09 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Astonishing viewing. Great piece. 

In reply to UKC News:

I thought the use of remote cameras and the reasoning behind that tactic to film a difficult section was interesting.

drsdave 10 Nov 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Agreed, did you note their understanding of by Alex having an awareness of being filmed, this would albeit in some small way effect the outcome of the climb.

Tom F Harding 11 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC News:

An interesting conflict between, wanting to be filmed, needing to be filmed and wanting to have a singular solo experience. 

Andy Gamisou 11 Nov 2018
In reply to drsdave:

> Agreed, did you note their understanding of by Alex having an awareness of being filmed, this would albeit in some small way effect the outcome of the climb.

Schrodinger's climber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...