UKC

NEWS: Adam Ondra onsights Just do it, 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Nov 2018
The monkey face, Smith Rock, Oregon - home to Just Do it, 8c+Adam Ondra has managed to onsight Jean Baptiste Tribout's Just Do It, 8c+, at Smith Rock, Oregon. When Jibé made the first ascent back in 1992 it was the first 8c+ in the USA.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

"Extremely stoked to have done it today in the best style possible - onsight."

Indeed. Bravo!

Smith42 13 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Its Ondra and everyone expects him to onsight 8C+ but amazed no one has commented, this is still big news! On sighting such a landmark route.

Growing up with sport climbing in the 80s and 90s, Just Do It was big news when it was first climbed by JBT. I remember debates about weather it was harder or easier than Hubble and how they could be compared as one was a boulder problem and the other a 40m endurance route.

(edit) just read he had a three man film crew with him to record the moment, cant wait to see the footage, but can you imagine the added pressure, not only stepping up to try an onsight of legendary route but dragging a film crew to another country to record it. 

Nice on Adam, keep on sending.

Post edited at 10:50
 McHeath 13 Nov 2018
In reply to Smith42:

> amazed no one has commented. 

From Sunday:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rocktalk/just_do_it-695669

MischaHY 13 Nov 2018
In reply to Smith42:

> (edit) just read he had a three man film crew with him to record the moment, cant wait to see the footage, but can you imagine the added pressure, not only stepping up to try an onsight of legendary route but dragging a film crew to another country to record it. 

To be fair I think this is pretty much standard practice for Adam now! 

Bulls Crack 14 Nov 2018
In reply to Smith42:

Probably a good warm - up,  dragging the film crew around. 

yoshi.h 14 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Though it might seem the norm for Ondra redpointing ridiculously hard climbs now, once I try to put this in to perspective I realise how incredible his achievements are. Unstoppable!

Brendan 14 Nov 2018
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

> "Extremely stoked"

Urgh, Ondra's 'gone native'. Or at least the person who manages his social media has. 

malk 13 Jan 2019
In reply to Smith42:

>  cant wait to see the footage

youtube.com/watch?v=S6floyyDP-w&

great self-commentary.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...